Outstanding community projects in 2021-2022
“Cat canh” Project – University Admission Consulting Project
Nguyen Thi Khanh Hue – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
The “Cat Canh” Project organized career and university counselling sessions for high school students at Cam Binh High School. In the program’s activities, there were two online sharing sessions on the Meet platform in March and April. The goal was to assist students in understanding the necessary information and answering questions about majors and universities.
“Day hoc Huong Duong” Project
- Nguyen Ngoc Thien – Ho Chi Minh City Open University
- Nguyen Thi Ngoc Sam – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Ngo Quoc Huy – University of Foreign Trade
- Nguyen Thi Bich Tram – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Dang Nguyen Ngoc Quynh Nhu – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Vu Lan Anh – University of Economics and Law
- Phan Thi Thanh Thu – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Nguyen Thi Phuong Thanh – Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City
In ‘Day hoc Huong Duong’ Project, all members wished to have time to share, entertain and children at Phat Huy Binh Trieu Center and give them a lot of helpful advice and life skills. With the idea of teaching soft skills for children at the centre, the group hoped to help them foster the habits of self-studying, painting, dental care, etc. For teaching sessions, the group members reviewed their knowledge at school in Math, Vietnamese, and English according to the curriculum of the centre and the children’s instruction notebook in class. To be Interspersed with teaching periods, the program started with an exchange game to increase interest in the student’s learning process and help them become more confident and bolder in communicating with the surrounding environment.
- Nguyen Thi Kim Tuyen – UEH University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Vo Tran Le Huyen – UEH University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Le Tan Khai – UEH University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Nguyen Sy Quy – UEH University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Tran Do Lan Huong – HCMC-University of Social Sciences and Humanities.
From January 2022 to the present, Nang has implemented small projects including the project “Gop Mai Cung Em” (January 1st) and “Thuong Mot Sai Gon Lang Le” (April). Both projects shared the exact value of Nang: “Connect – Share – Spread – Love” and targeted the underprivileged in society (especially those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic). Moreover, Nang has successfully raised crowdfunding for both projects.
“Gop Mai Cung Em” with the beneficiaries are the children of Hoa Hao School of Love (Tan Phu District). With the wish to contribute a little “warmth” before spring comes to the classroom, on January 19th, Nang delivered 60 meaningful gifts to the children and had Mr Hung give them to the children.
As for “Thuong Mot Sai Gon Lang Le“, Nang has supported 100 bags of necessities for poor workers (mainly lottery ticket sellers and scrap pickers) in District 10 and District 5 of Ho Chi Minh City. Each gift was an encouraging “reward” for their genuine work ethic.
Interview Insights Project
- Nguyen Gia Khiem – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Le Tuan Vu – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Pham Ngoc Tran – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Fund outsider)
- Thai Quang Nguyen – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Fund outsider)
- Pham Binh Nguyen – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (Fund outsider)
- Nguyen Tuong Vi – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Thang Tuan Duy – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Nguyen Khiem Nhat Tu – Ho Chi Minh University of Banking
- Cao Thi Be Vy – University of Economics and Law – VNUHCM
- Bui Thi Huyen Trang – Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City
- Nguyen Chi Thien – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education
Interview Insights 2022 Community Project is a project implemented by students who are both inside and outside the Luong Van Can Fund to support students by creating interview simulation activities. The project aims to help them better understand the recruitment process of businesses and thereby help students overcome the fear of interviews and improve competitiveness in the labour market. The project includes a series of workshops for students and simulates the recruitment process of businesses in some main fields: Economics and Engineering.
“Moshi Moshi” Project
- Nguyen Thi Hong Vy – VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Bui Hai Anh – Hanoi Foreign Trade University
- Truong Ngoc Anh – Dalat University
- Nguyen Minh Nhu Thuy – VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Tran Minh Khoa – VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities
Moshi Moshi! was created by students majoring in Japanese and aimed at students who are studying Japanese or those who do not intentionally learn the language but are interested in the country itself. The name “Moshi Moshi!” comes from a common phrase used to answer the phone in Japanese. With such meaning, the group hopes to “answer” the questions and curiosity of young people and serve as a bridge between them and Japan. Expectedly, the project is to help both parties learn more about Japan and develop together.
“Supporting Blind Students” Project
- Hoang Minh Tri – Hoa Binh University
- Huynh Nhu Binh – Tra Vinh University
- Lam Thi Thanh Tam – Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Forestry
- Loi Truong Giang – Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
- Vo Thi Minh Ngoc – VNU Hanoi-University of Languages and International Studies
- Phan Thanh Nhi – Ho Chi Minh City University of Education
- Le Thi My Tien – School of Medicine and Pharmacy – the University of Danang
- Danh Thi Bich Van – VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Bui Thi Tuyet Mai – Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Forestry
- Pham Bui Minh Khang – FPT University Ho Chi Minh City
- Pham Thi Mai – Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Forestry
- Ngo Quoc Anh – University of Architecture Ho Chi Minh City
- Vu Thi Thanh Huyen – Hanoi Foreign Trade University
- Tran Phuong Nghi – IELTS Teacher
- Nguyen Tran Thanh Nhan – Ho Chi Minh City University of Education
- Thanh Tien School – Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Forestry
- Nguyen Huynh Hue Tram – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Hoang Chi Manh – University of Economics and Law – VNUHCM
- Nguyen Thi Cam Tu – Foreign Trade University
- Le Thi Hong Suong – Can Tho University
- Nguyen Mai Nhu Luan – University of Economics and Law – VNUHCM
- Nguyen Van Tieng – VNUHCM-University Of Science
- Truong Van Tu – Conservatory of Ho Chi Minh City
MPVI is a project to support the blind and is based on the foundation of the Supporting Blind Students Project. The main activities of the Project in the year 2021-2022 were tutoring blind students in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Literature and Applied Informatics. The project started on September 5, 2021 and ended the 2021-2022 school year on May 29, 2022. Tutoring activities and events were held Online and nationwide. The project always tries to support the Vietnamese blind community in general and blind students, in particular, to solve income and self-improvement problems in order to help them have better social integration. In the past year, the project has supported a total of 50 visually impaired students. Six students applied for leave in the second semester due to the change in the learning situation. The project has organized 3 events this year and most importantly, the project won first prize in the “Initiatives for Community” competition 2022 organized by the SonTa Foundation.
“Voice to heart – Sound for the soul” Project OICE TO HEART – THANH ÂM CHO TÂM HỒN
- Ly Thi Ngoc Mai – University of Languages and International Studies – VNU (Leader)
- Vo Thanh Truc – University of Economics and Laws – Vietnam National University, HCMC
- Bui Thi Ngoc Han – University of Social Sciences and Humanities – Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City
- Tran Thi Lan Huong – University of Education – Ho Chi Minh City
- To Tran Diem My (coordinate out of LVC Fund) – University of Social Sciences and Humanities VNU HCMC
- Mai Chung Min (coordinate out of LVC Fund) – University of Social Sciences and Humanities – VNU HCMC
- Ma Thi Xuan Kieu – University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Thai Nguyen University
- Nguyen Quy Duong – Foreign Trade University in Ha Noi
- Le Thi Hieu – University of Information. VNU-HCM
Voice to Heart – Sound for the Soul is a community project executed online through posting images and videos (mainly in podcast type with a variety cafeteria) that spread positive messages through the Facebook platform. This project focuses on helping teenagers (16 -25) dealing with pressure in life an facing barriers find a place where they can share their feelings and find a listening ear.
“Building a Medical Lectures Community” Project
- Nguyen Ngoc Khanh Nhu – University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Ho Chi Minh City
- Tran Thien An – University of Medicine Pham Ngoc Thach
- Trinh Tran Man Uyen – University of Medicine Pham Ngoc Thach
“Building a Medical Lectures Community” is a community project founded to update all medical lectures in theory and clinical practice for students majoring in Health Science. The page was established in September 2016 on the Facebook platform and flourished through Youtube in February by Dr Le Khac Tien. He is now working at Viet Duc Hospital. Until 1/6/2022, this page reached 12,600 likes, and the Youtube channel also reached 3240 subscribers. During operation, the page shared much helpful information and knowledge about medicine with the medical community. These activities included: instructing people to inject the two vaccinations for Covid-19, providing studying documents of graduate students, instructing clinical examination guide and medical history, and audiobook on gynaecological lectures. Medical lectures aim to create a community of medical students for sharing documents, helping students and medical staff, in general, have materials to study and improve their professional skills.
“Graduation is coming, what’s next?” Project
- Tran Thi My Ha – University of Economics and Law.
- Huynh Thi Quynh Nhi – Sai Gon University.
- Do Thi Kim Ngan – Foreign Trade University Ho Chi Minh Campus.
- Lam Thi Huong Giang – Foreign Trade University Ho Chi Minh Campus.
- Lieu Vo Khanh Huy – Foreign Trade University Ho Chi Minh Campus.
- Nguyen Thi Kieu Trang – VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Long Bao Nghi – Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education.
- Mat Ngoc Tuyen – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City.
This year’s project was renamed “Graduation is coming, what next?” in response to the fan page “Passing university, what next?”; It seems that the project is an upgraded version of the project in 2020-2021 in terms of content and form. Through posts on the Facebook fan page, the project wants to give students about to graduate essential knowledge and advice in study, work, and experience for competition and recruitment in Industry 4.0. Topics and content are shared based on personal experiences, the individual learned-mentor lesson of the organizers, and references from reliable sources. This academic year, the project is no longer posted on the WordPress platform; instead, there is a fortnightly Podcast (confiding and sharing difficulties and pressures in the learning process at university)
The project in cooperation with the EVG Community Library: Community Health Class
- Le Thi Kieu My – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Pham Thi Hong Huyen – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
- Pham Duy Hai – Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Bui Quang Khang – HCMC University of Technology
- Nguyen Minh Nhat – University of Finance – Marketing
- Nguyen Thanh Thuy – VNUHCM – University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Thach Trong Nghia – Foreign Trade University Ho Chi Minh City
- Nguyen Thi Diem My – VNUHCM – University of Economics and Law
The Community Health Class Project is a collaborative effort between the EVG Community Library and Luong Van Can Fund. The project was implemented from April to May 2022 to equip elementary school students with solid knowledge in the medical field, such as dengue fever, helminths, dental caries, and preventive measures. Throughout three sessions (two online and one offline session), the student group always tried to create a fun atmosphere with the concise core knowledge, helping most pupils grasp the content and know how to apply those in life.
Project in cooperation with Room to Read Vietnam
- Tcheng Nhu Quan – University of Transport Ho Chi Minh City
Student assisting communication activities in spreading the Room to Read Vietnam vision to communities, society, sponsors, businesses, and other organizations – “World Change Starts With Educated Children.”
Project in cooperation with CHANGE organization
- Pham Thi Trang – Ho Chi Minh University of Banking
- Le Thi Hoang Anh – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
Team support CHANGE and WildAid calling for wild nature lovers to join hands in protecting pangolins by “adopting” cute stuffed pangolins through the “ADOPT” STUFFED PANGOLINS CAMPAIGN!
Project in cooperation with CHIR – Center for Healthcare Improvement Research
- Nguyen Thi Ha – School of Medicine, VNUHCM
- Vo Thi Phuong Thao – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
The goal includes spreading the spirit of positive learning, sharing insights and supporting students and medical personnel to gain knowledge and learn more effectively. Besides, participation in the project helps LVCF students develop soft skills while giving them a chance to help and share with the community.
Project in cooperation with Phòng khám nhà mình: HIV/AIDS – The young’s voice.
- Doan Dieu Thien – Ho Chi Minh City Medicine and Pharmacy University
- Tran Thi Quynh – Academy of Finance
- Dinh Thi Huyen – Vinh Medical University
- Pham Thi Thuy Dung – Hue University Of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Nguyen Thi Hong Phung – University of Economics, Hue University
- Nguyen Thi Nguyet Minh – Ho Chi Minh City Medicine and Pharmacy University
- Nguyen Van Tieng – VNUHCM, University of Science
- Luong Thi My Huyen – School of Medicine, VNUHCM
- Thai Hoang Minh – Ho Chi Minh City Medicine and Pharmacy University
- Quach Huu Minh – Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine
- Le Thuy Dung – University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
The “HIV/AIDS – The young’s voice” project was initiated to spread the voices and actions of the young to the community, especially youth these days aged 15 to 30, by providing valuable and exciting information about HIV/AIDS. The project was expected to operate on both online and offline platforms. Online activities included sharing articles on fanpage and sessions with speakers via social network platforms. On social networks, the team attended sharing sessions at “Phòng khám nhà mình”, then applied and shared them with everybody, especially youth from all over the country.
The team hoped that the project would help people acquire knowledge of HIV/AIDS to protect families, society and themselves, and better understand the concerns and disadvantages facing the HIV/AIDS community in modern society, thus reducing discrimination. Simultaneously, the project hoped to become an extension of the project “Phòng khám nhà mình”, which aims to listen to every young person’s story about HIV/AIDS, spread their love, and alleviate the suffering of people living with HIV and affected groups.