Candidates can choose to apply for one of the following Master Programs offered by Torrens University Australia:
– Masters in Business (available)
+ Masters of Professional Accounting
+ Master of Business
+ Master of Global Project Management
– Master of International Hotel Management (not available)
Expected course beginning: Torrens University Australia has 3 trimester intakes per year (normally in February, June and September). You can apply at any time throughout the year for the next trimester start date – or a future start date if you are planning ahead.
Duration: 2 years
Number of scholarship: 01
Scholarship’s value: At least 50% tuition fee.
Scholarship award will be evaluated on an annual basis to ensure fairness and transparency. The scholarship recipient that ceases to meet scholarship criteria set by and Torrens University Australia during his/her programs of study (regarding academic or disciplinary standing) will forfeit his/her scholarship award. During the period of scholarship award, the scholarship recipient is required to submit grade and semester reports to the Scholarship Board and Fund Management Council.
For more information, please visit Torrens University’s website: http://www.torrens.edu.au/
Candidates that fulfill the following criteria are eligible to apply for Luong Van Can Postgraduate Scholarship:
– Be a Vietnamese national, residing within Vietnam
– Priority for candidates from disadvantaged backgrounds
– Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
– Minimum 2 years of professional experience relevant to the chosen field of study
– Minimum GPA of 7.5 (on a scale of 10, or the equivalent)
– Minimum IELTS score of 7.0, or the equivalent, minimum band score 6.0 in each skill
- Application form
- Official Bachelor’s Transciptcertified by the School Board or competent authorities
- 01 Personal Statement written in English(no more than 1000 words, Times New Roman font, font size 12, with the candidate’s full name and signature).
In this letter, candidates need to address (but not limit to) the following two main subjects:
– Academic experience and plans for study, including (but not limited to) the following: field of research and why, applications and contributions of the field of study, specific research proposals (if applicable), and any relevant experience the candidate has accumulated.
– Personal characteristics that demonstrate the candidate is worthy of receiving the scholarship, including (but not limited to) the following: capability of work and research, personal goals, participation and/or leadership experience in extracurricular activities, community service initiatives, work experience (if any, including internships or volunteer positions), dedication to contributing to the community, to the growth of Vietnam.
- 02 Letters of Recommendation, including 01 letter from a teacher, professor, academic instructor, research supervisor, manager, or work supervisor related to the candidate’s field of study.
These references must know the candidate for at least a period of one year, and must grasp the candidate’s academic prowess and professional experience. Letters of Recommendation should explore the different facets of the candidate, in order to present the candidate’s exceptional abilities.
Letters of Recommendation (in either Vietnamese or English), must include the reference’s signature and contact details (email address, telephone number and office address).
- A copy of Bachelor Diploma.
- English language proficiency certificationas required.
- Awards:copies of any certificates of academic achievements, extracurricular activities, or work experience.
– For documents and certifications issued in English, candidates may submit either the original or a copy certified by the relevant authorities.
– For documents and certifications not issued in English, English translations must be submitted and certified, accompanied by the original (or a certified copy) in Vietnamese for reference (the original copies are only required to be sent by post, not by attaching to the online application form).
– Applications will not be returned.
Candidates must submit their applications by sending hard copies of the application form and all the required documents to the following address:
2nd Floor, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Envelope addressed to: Luong Van Can Scholarship Application
Deadline: 31/10/2018 for the course in 02/2019, 15/04/2019 for the courses starting in 06/2019 and 12/2019.
Applications which fail to conduct the aforementioned steps will NOT be examined.
Round 1: Candidates submit applications (as outlined above) to Luong Van Can Fund
Round 2: Successful candidates from the first round will participate in an interview round with the LVCF Selection Committee.
Round 3: Successful candidates from the second round will be nominated by LVCF to apply for Torrens University Australia. Successful candidates from this round will be awarded the Luong Van Can Scholarship to study at Torrens University Australia.
In alignment with the vision of Luong Van Can Scholarships, scholarships shall be awarded to candidates determined to be eligible and worthy based on academic ability, academic achievements, and academic goals aligning with the above requirements. Scholarship awards do not discriminate on the basis of region, race, religion, or gender. In particular, a successful candidate must:
– Fulfill all academic entrance requirements set by Torrens University Australia and by .
– Clearly and logically present their personal academic and life goals
– Demonstrate their motivation and efforts to achieve their goals as described
– Demonstrate leadership ability and a desire to contribute to the community
– Verify his or her (family’s or personal) disadvantaged background and need for outside support for continued education
– Demonstrate a commitment to continuing efforts during the period of scholarship and thereafter